RUS Overbuilds – Broadcasters' Upbeat But ... – DIRECTV Aims High
• Analyze This: In another round of reporting the oft-reported obvious, a new NCTA funded study by Navigant Economics of Washington, DC, found the $s awarded by RUS funded broadband overbuilds resulting in significant waste, higher costs and no real progress. --- Analysts at IHS Screen Digest say the FCC roaming agreement offer is good for MetroPCS and Leap; potentially bad for LightSquared and Clearwire.
• Heads Up: DIRECTV is whooping it up in New Orleans (Mike White even played the piano) ... watch for lots of high-tech toys and marketing later this year.
• Broadcasters: An upbeat show with 93+K in attendance, marred by sparring over reverse retrans fees and fretting over spectrum.
• Tech: Motorola and Huawei agreed to settle all legal disputes.
• Retail: Rocky Mountain’s Ultimate Electronics joined Circuit City in the history books as it finished liquidating.
• More News in The Morning BRIDGE ... early tomorrow morning in your in-box.•